- This event has passed.
2023 Barrel-Aged Legion Taproom Release
The Return of Barrel-Aged Legion!
One of our most popular annual beer releases is back!
Legion, our Russian Imperial Stout, has been aging in freshly dumped American bourbon barrels for many long months. On Thursday, January 19th, this beer finally goes on tap at the brewery!
The reward is definitely worth the wait. The end result is a beautiful marriage of beer, barrel, and spirit. Distinct flavors of vanilla, coconut, and toffee elegantly mingle with the roasty, chocolatey deliciousness of the base beer, and clocks in at 13.3% ABV!
To celebrate the return of this local favorite, we’re tapping not just one, but TWO different versions of this year’s Barrel-Aged Legion. In addition to the 2023 vintage, we will also be tapping a special 2023 Mocha Barrel-Aged Legion. This variant blends copious amounts of locally-sourced cold brewed coffee and organic ground cocoa beans adding an uncommon depth of flavor that lingers on the palette and delights the senses.
Both variants will be available on tap and in 16oz 4-packs to-go starting Thursday 1/19. No ticket is needed to attend, HOWEVER, we are offering a special tasting package that will only be available with a ticket. These tasting packages are very limited and must be pre-ordered. Tasting packages will NOT be available on the day of the event.
Tasting packages are $50 and include:
• One 6oz pour of our 2023 Barrel-Aged Legion (additional pours available for purchase)
• One 6oz pour of our 2023 Mocha Barrel-Aged Legion (additional pours available for purchase)
• Two Chef-curated pairings from The Community Kitchen (to enjoy with your beers). One coffee and black pepper crusted beef bite w/ blue cheese compound butter AND BEERamisu – a velvety mélange of coffee, mascarpone, and our beloved Legion
• Limited Edition Community Beer Co. Barrel-Aged Series Glassware
• One 4-pack of Barrel-Aged Legion OR Mocha Barrel-Aged Legion (to enjoy at home!)
The Community Kitchen will be open with our full menu, which includes a variety of snacks, sandwiches, German-inspired dishes, and vegan options!. Please remember to drink responsibly. We highly recommend a designated driver or ride share for transportation to/from this event!